Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Nerd's Saturday in London.

So I realize that I haven't updated the blog lately. And well, the reason is, is that they keep us super busy here. Today is actually my first free day in a while and boy, did I make good use of it!

I woke up at 2:30 A.M. this morning to go to the IMAX to see Harry Potter in 3-D. It was amazing!! It was awesome to watch the scenes where they passed over London and realize that I'm literally minutes from the areas they showed. The scenes they filmed at Hogwarts were great, because I actually got to visit the places where they filmed them, in both Oxford and in London. (Pictures on Facebook).
After the movie got out at 5:20, I went back to bed and woke up at 9:15 to get ready for my busy day. I got a ticket to see Les Mis tonight( the musical I've been dying to see for years!) in Leicester Square. I also went to the Sherlock Holmes museum with Katie, from class, and we ate Pizza Hut for lunch( Hey, sometimes you just want something familiar!). I headed back to school to print off my Doctor Who Experience ticket and went with Kristen to the Kensington area to the Experience. First off, it was a nerd's dream come true. We oohed and aaahed at everything and had a fantastic time. I also bought myself a sonic screwdriver! :)

In a bit, I am going to leave for Les Mis and pack for my away trips. It's hard to believe I will be spending a week away in Scotland! :) But then again, it's still hard to believe that I've been here in London for two weeks. I will try to update from Scotland, but access to internet and computers is not as reliable as is here.

Anyways, I'm doing wonderfully and still having the time of my life! :)
I've been out on a great deal of daytrips lately: Stratford-Upon-Avon and Oxford were two trips from this week that I greatly enjoyed. This upcoming week we leave for Edinburgh and then afterwards, is Ireland! I'm sort of sad to leave London because it's been my home for the past two weeks and I really love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment