Wait? Is that right? 8 days until I leave for London. That's insane. The fact that I will be leaving for a month has not fully set in with me yet. I imagine I'll fully comprehend once I'm actually IN London.
To be honest, I'm rather nervous. Thankfully, I know some people going and I've been getting to know people that I firmly believe are my long-lost best friends. But, I still can't help feeling a bit anxious about all the uncertainty and newness of everything.
I know that I'll adjust the best I can, but it's still a scary thought.
This will be an experience of a lifetime, that much I know for certain. I just need to keep a positive outlook on my time in London and abroad, meeting new people, experiencing things that I've never even seen or heard of before.
There are a few things that I know I'll miss:
- Obviously, my family. It's going to be strange not seeing them every day!
- My cats. I know that sounds rather lame. But one gets used to a cat snuggling on the bed with you every day and night.
- My bed. There nothing like sleeping in your own bed.
- The familiarity of Hattiesburg
- Driving my car around
- My home church
- Pub Life
- West End Shows
- Walking around, getting "lost" in the city
- Talking to different people
- Exploring the history and culture of London
- Making my own way and enjoying the city on my terms